Monday, April 25, 2016

DIVA NBC Media Cook-Off Challenge Experience

Got so excited and  surprised to receive an invite to join the cook-off challenge for the media to be held at the Kamia 1 & 2 Garden Wing, EDSA Shangri-la Hotel in Mandaluyong, this was last April 20.

At first I was a bit skeptical to join, thinking what would I cook in the challenge, how do I plate my dish, and so many other concerns.


But on the day of the event, ‘am so glad I did join the challenge, together with my daughter, Sam, we had a lot of fun and really enjoyed the cooking challenge.  It was an unforgettable experience for us.

First off, we were treated to a heavy breakfast buffet of burgers, fries, overflowing coffee, tea and desserts!







They even gave us our own Chef’s hat and apron also part of the tokens given.  Awesome! Isn’t it J  ‘Am glad I got to experience this with Sam.



Just like “My Kitchen Rules”, the most popular cooking show in Australia, the media/blogger participants were given a chance to show their skills in cooking like chef-quality dishes. We were divided into 3 groups, and I must say I love our group – Team 1.


Meet my Group Mates,  Team 1 (media and blogger moms)


Diva Media Cook-Off Challenge Mechanics


Our Team’s finished entries, let’s take a closer look at each of them...


Rosemary Chicken Breast 
(we called Marya Marya because it was marinated in egg, 
soy sauce, butter, salt and pepper)


Mushroom Pasta in Tomato Sauce and Herbs


Salmon in Capers and Lemon


Plateful of Tropical Fruits in Season



Fusion of fruits we called Summer Zest 
which blended watermelon apples and oranges, melon and lemon syrup, 
apples, oranges and mangoes.

We were so surprised when we tasted all the entries, after the judges has tasted them and scored our entry.


Every dish that we prepared was so delicious and it was gone in minutes!  It was a result of Team Effort of the group and done all in love.   And guess what, We Won the challenge!!!


The Winner, Team 1!

Thank you DIVA Channel Philippines! Because of the challenge, you have inspired us to further hone our skills in cooking, and I am so excited and more inspired to watch “Chef In Your Ear”  and “My Kitchen Rules Season 7.”  

These two shows are set to air this May as part of its #DivaLovesFood line-up: Chef In Your Ear (Wednesdays, 8pm) and My Kitchen Rules Season 7 (premieres May 9 Monday at 10:20pm, New episodes Monday to Wednesday at 9:25pm).

For more information, please visit 
 presents #ChefInYourEar
 and ‪#MyKitchenRules7 on Diva.


No comments: