These oatmeal choco-chip cookies are so delicious, they’re soft and chewy too, you might want to double the recipe. This is a keeper!Ingredients:
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 cups Quick Cooking Oats
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon salt
2 to 2 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (or you can use chopped-up chocolate)
1 cup unsalted butter, softened (take it out of the fridge a few hours before you start making the cookies)
2 large eggs1 tsp vanilla extract
- Put flour, baking power, baking soda and salt in a bowl, mix well. Set aside.
- Put the softened butter in another mixing bowl then cream it using an electric mixer or a wire-whisk.
- Slowly add the brown sugar and white sugar beating continuously until the texture becomes a bit fluffy, then add the vanilla extract..
- Mix in the eggs and beat continuously for about a minute. Then add the oatmeal gradually, then put the mixture of dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt) and mix well.
- Add the chocolate chip and incorporate well with the other ingredients.
- Prepare cookie sheets lined with non-stick baking paper, scoop some of the mixture and make sure to allow about 2-inch spaces, and flatten the cookie mixture to a thickness of about ½ inch.
- Bake in pre-heated oven 350 deg.C for 10-12 minutes. (Please use timer for every batch to avoid overbaking the cookies). Allow to cool in cooling racks before putting them in your cookie jar or any sealed container. They’re chewy and delicious! Great with coffee or tea. Enjoy!
Cooling the cookies on a cooling rack or tray allows them to set up before serving them.
Make sure to lessen the sugar in the recipe should you decide to use more chocolate chips.
You can also put chopped nuts or raisins into the mixture for added flavor.
We doubled the recipe and we have around 42 to 45 pcs of big-chunky gigantic-oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.