Nowadays, there are just so many choices available to us when it comes to the food we can serve to our families. Whether you're a working or stay-at-home mom, the challenges are the same. We all would like to give our kids healthy, nutritious and delicious meals that they can enjoy and surely love.
Sometimes it can get too overwhelming, especially for those whose children are just in their early childhood years, because while mothers want to keep them protected, they also want to make sure that their little ones experience an amazing childhood. They are only kids once, after all.
Thanks to Nido, they have invited some Mommies to discuss our concerns, and at the same time offer help and suggestions on how we can be sure to give our kids the nutrients they need.
Bettina Carlos hosted the event.
There are a lot of ways to protect children, and one of the best ways to properly do so is to start from the inside. Yes, we’re talking about giving them proper nutrition.
Get kids to eat healthy
Fruits and vegetables are good sources of vitamins and minerals that benefit children in many ways. Aside from improved nutrition, these nutrient-dense foods also build up their immune system, prevent the risk of obesity, and promote healthy bowel patterns. However, most kids today are picky eaters. They constantly ask for sweets, eat fewer vegetables, and request for the same food over and over again.
Here are some tips to help increase their fruit and veggie consumption:
- Make meal times more colorful by mixing green, leafy vegetables with bright-colored ones like carrots and squash. You can also portion it in such a way that there are more fruits into the mix for that added sweetness.
- Keep children away from the TV during meal times and always have them eat on the table to limit distractions and promote good eating manners.
- Be a positive role model and eat healthy food together as a family as kids at a young age are still most likely to copy what they see others do.
- Teach kids healthy food choices by bringing them to the grocery and explaining the benefits of eating fruits and vegetables in a manner they will appreciate.
- Involve them in the kitchen and show them how to prepare quick healthy snacks, so they won’t turn to chips and sweets when they get hungry.
Protection for Laking Amazing kids
The ability of children to ward off sickness and disease is also very reliant on the health of their stomach where bacteria thrive. When people think of bacteria, they often think of it negatively. But the truth is, not all bacteria are bad. There are good bacteria and bad bacteria, and whenever there are too much bad bacteria in the tummy, the stomach system is thrown off balance, leaving children weak and vulnerable.
Ensure that your kids are healthy and protected from within at all times with NIDO® 3+. Specially developed by the best of Nestlé Research, NIDO® 3+ is the only milk brand with Lactobacillus PROTECTUS®, millions and millions of live good bacteria that are constantly on guard to maintain stomach balance and help strengthen the immune system.
Aside from Lactobacillus PROTECTUS®, NIDO® 3+ also contains other essential nutrients such as Prebio® 3, DHA, ALA, LA, Folic Acid, Taurine, and high levels of vitamins A, B3, C, D, E and Zinc to support overall growth and development.
While waiting for the event to start, Photo Opp with Bettina, and mommy blogger
Adae Ang, and yours truly Techie Mom on the right
For kids 5 and up, there is NIDO® 5+, enriched with CALCI-N® to help build healthy bones by providing better calcium absorption.
To know more about proper nutrition and protection for kids above 3 years of age, avail of the free consultations with NIDO® 3+ and NIDO® 5+ licensed nutritionists in select groceries and supermarkets nationwide starting February 2016. For more details, visit www.lakingamazing.ph
NIDO® 3+ and NIDO® 5+ are not suitable for infant feeding and are not breastmilk substitutes.